Thursday, October 25, 2007

YIPPPEEEEE!

I just received an e mail that Sarah Jean is coming for a visit!!!!! YEEEEEEHAAAAAA!

I am so excited that she will be here! So much to do.... so much to get ready...painting, cleaning, getting a bed ready for her since she cannot stand my snoring, the list goes on and on!

Sarah Jean and I have been friends since the 5th grade. We have done all kinds of crazy things together. We once dressed up like sluts and walked 3 blocks from my house to hers in broad daylight and thought (at the ripe old age of 12) that we were hot stuff.

We were friends all through high school and into college, but both did our own things, too. We drifted apart and back together again more times than I care to count, but our friendship has remained strong and true and I am more glad to know her today than ever; and I hope she feels the same.

***FUNNY STORY***

Sarah and I shared an apartment together for a year during college. We used to sit up late and talk and smoke cigarettes and drink beer. We would rush home from school/work to see each other and take turns cooking meals and doing chores. It was a great time! I was engaged to be married at the time and my fiance joined the army. Sarah often slept in my room because we would just fall asleep talking. One morning my alarm went off and since I was then, and always will be slow to wake up in the morning, I pushed the snooze. Three times. The fourth time, Sarah had had enough of it and yelled at me to "GET YOUR FAT ASS OUT OF BED!!!!!" I did, of course, but not without cursing under my breath something about it being my damn bed. We still laugh about it to this day.

Well, that fiance came and went, but Sarah stayed. She has supported me through two marriages, one divorce, multiple hospital events involving my grandmother, dad, Lula and even myself. She was in the room with me and my family when my dad died. She is like a sister to me and when I moved away from Michigan, leaving her was paramount to leaving Trixie.

So it should be clear that a visit from her will be a tremendous thrill and I am so looking forward to staying up late, laughing, and reminiscing. The cigarettes will be replaced with the chocolate dessert of her choice and the beer with a good white wine, but the conversation and the bond of friendship that will remain will be rich and satisfying, indeed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are going to have a cooooool time !! Just don't set the alarm! S

Anonymous said...

I just saw Sarah the other day..I think..haha I can actually tell them apart. Tell her I said Hi again.
Mel