Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Catching Up

I haven't posted in several days because I have a very bad habit of staying up too late when CJ is gone. I find myself up until midnight or later watching all my favorite television shows and knitting, but that late at night I don't feel intelligent enough to gather my thoughts into posting. So, I wait to post until I have gotten up before the kids or while Lula is at school and LG is napping. I have stayed up way too late to get up early lately and I have used all my available nap times to try to get our master bathroom somewhat in shape for CJ to get home on Friday. It is "tore up from the floor up" and I had hoped that he wouldn't have to come home to it like that...but he does. There is no way I will get it done before he gets home. Oh, well. It will be beautiful by the time he makes his next trip back!


We had a nice weekend. Friday night we went to the corn maze with our church groups and the kids had a blast roasting hot dogs and marshmallows for s'mores, playing on the hay bales and in the corn box and just generally running around with all their friends. By the time we got done with all of that it was dark and since I was scarred for life by "Children of the Corn" in the 7th grade, I was way too freaked out to take them through the actual corn maze in blackness so we skipped that part.




I decided I needed a break from the house and maybe even the kids, so I called my mom-in-law and asked if we could come to The Gardeners'Farm for the day on Saturday. She of course said yes, so we made the 1-1/2 hour drive and spent the afternoon playing, digging peanuts, picking corn, touring the gardens, feeding pigs and observing all the wildlife around.



I didn't get much of a break from the kids, but it was nice to get away from the mess of the remodeling and it was so much fun to watch the kids enjoy the farm and grandma and grandpa! By the time we got home, the kids were ready for bed and I stayed up late watching tv and knitting a special project that I will reveal very soon.


Sunday was busy with church and helping to get ready for our annual Harvest Moon Festival (a big craft show), which is coming up on Saturday. Then our week began and here it is Wednesday already! We have a busy day today and tomorrow and then CJ will be home on Friday.

Our weekend will consist of Chuck E cheese, the State Fair, Harvest Moon, church and somewhere in there I am bound and determined to either go get a pedicure or take a long nap...ALONE... to maintain my sanity and gear up for another three week stretch without CJ. I'll let you know how it all works out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi ! I love the photos. Really sweet. I know what you mean about children of the corn. Horrible!! Oh, and isn't it great that Trixie's back !!? S

Mum's the Word said...

Sarah,
Thanks and although she is my sister and I do get to talk to her by phone periodically, it IS good to be Trixie'd again! My husband has alraedy been lurking daily to see what she'll post next! Isn't that funny?!