Wednesday, October 24, 2007

So Much To Write, So Little Time

I still haven't posted about our fall break and the weekend is almost here again, which means there will be another visit from CJ. Not to mention all the Halloween hub-ub will be starting Sunday with a Trunk-R-Treat event at church. I could go into a rant right now about all the money I spent at Wal-Mart yesterday for upcoming Halloween events...I'll save it for later.

Ok, so the short and sweet of it is that we took two road trips. The kids were FANTASTIC! Lula Belle has figured out that if she sleeps, the time goes faster! LG, not so much. He does however, enjoy the DVD player, so he got his weekly allotment of television all wrapped up on the drives.

Our first trip was to CJ's grandmother's house. We had a great time visiting, eating great grandma food (yeah, you know the stuff) and went to a terrific place called Leonardo's in Enid, Oklahoma. If you ever get to Enid and have kids with you, FIND IT! It was packed with fun and educational activities for kids of all ages ranging from a music room to an actual jet plane cockpit for the kids to explore. There was also an area that is gated in for young ones to roam and have fun. LG discovered Thomas the Train and since the child has never focused on anything that is not dangerous before that, he is getting a Thomas table for Christmas. So, Trixie, any Thomas stuff you want to unload for a fair and reasonable price, I'm in.


Our second trip was to Little Rock, Arkansas to see CJ's mom and stepdad. That was a fun trip also filled with baking, more eating, s'mores, wagon rides and lots of snuggle time with the Little Rockers (by the kids, not me).


So all in all, a good time was had, the week flew by and I and my children survived fall break without a single incident of evil mommy syndrome attacking us. And now, I have to go get Lula ready for school and guess what! LG starts a Mother's Day Out program tomorrow...I bet you can almost see me jumping up and down! I could do lots of things on my very first day alone in oh, I don't know how long, but Mama needs a new pair of jeans! It'll be so fun -and foreign- to shop without a 26 pound weight on my left hip!

2 comments:

Grace said...

A suggestion for the Thomas stuff.... buy your track from Target's line of toys or get Toys R Us' store brand track and accessories and then spend your money on the actual Thomas and friends cars. We actually have very little Brio brand track, it's all Target stuff and the only diff is that it doesn't have the clickety-clack sound that some of the Thomas stuff has. If they don't know that it should be there, they won't know the diff. We have gobs of track and cars, and a table. That's one of the things that I will never sell or give away, it was very loved and very played with. The boys are now 8 and 10 and they still have the table in their room for hot wheels and dinosaur wars. Now Bee occasionally gets the trains out to play!

Mum's the Word said...

Grace, Thank you so much for the suggestion...I didn't know Target had a line! I knew you could get it at Michael's and if you watch the paper they have 50% coupons, but I will definately check Target now. I think Chunky Monkey will LOVE it for years to come, as well!Thanks again! JJ