Monday, September 24, 2007

Shout Out to the Poke Princess

I feel just awful! Have you ever missed an improtant person's birthday and instead of just owning up to it as soon as you remember, you procrastinate that phone call? Every day that goes by, it gets harder to make that call because you grow more and more embarrassed; at first for missing said birthday, but then for not calling.

Well, I did it lately. I missed the Poke Princess's birthday early this month and even though I have had a lot going on, I did think about it and her so many times and had no excuse for not calling her sooner. I am truly sorry, P.P.

So, here I am trying to make amends by sending it out to the whole world that I have been a rotten sister-in-law and I will try harder! I know I am already forgiven because Poke Princess is probably the best-hearted person that I know. And she was probably never even upset by it at all due to the fact she gave me every benefit of the doubt in existence. Still, I was rotten so here's my cheesy happy birthday poem...

Happy Birthday Princess of Pokes
You are special and it's no joke.
I am a jerk for letting your day go by
I'll make it up to you, or at least I'll try.

Let's go out for some fun
just you and me
Leave the kids with somone
Sisters wild and free.

We'll shop all day,
have pedicures and coffee too.
I'll give you big hugs and say
"I'm sorry and I love you"!

Hey, I said it was cheesy. It's the thought that counts, right?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You terrible woman !! I am sure your lovely sister in law will forgive you.I love your poem and if I was your sister in law it would make me very happy !! Sarah x

Mum's the Word said...

Thanks, Sarah. She already e- mailed me to say she was never mad, but like the post.:-)

Anonymous said...

Well written article.