Saturday, July 28, 2007

Yellowstone National Park is a True Treasure


A trip to Yellowstone National Park. I remember begging my parents to take us there, yet had no idea why thy would not comply.

Now I know.

It is expensive. Really expensive.

$50 to get into the park, $60 to eat lunch and dinner, $37 for souveniers and gifts at three different gift stores (four year old is very adept at begging), $149 for hotel room that was unavoidable when the traveling day became longer than Lula and LG could handle, $73 for more meals the second day and $59 to fill back up with gas before heading home.

Views of Yellowstone with our kids' great grandmother along, family bonding time, various geysers, elk, buffalo, several types of water foul, and my personal favorite-a bald eagle....Priceless.

I know, I know. It is a cheesy repeat of a very over used marketing slogan, but the reason it got to be over used is because there is so much truth in its principal! I could never express in words the beauty and grandure of this place! I will cherish the memories made the last two days for as long as I live!

There are a few things that I am really hoping will result from this trip:

1) that it helped to teach Lula that the wonderous gifts that God has given us are plentiful and fragile all at the same time. We must practice good habits to keep our Earth as clean and safe as we can.

2) that seeing these gorgeous animals in their natural habitat has given her an appreciation for the delicate balance of the circle of life.

3) that Lula can go to school and while learning about Yellowstone, proudly say that she was there and saw how beautiful and special it is, that she learned things like how a geyser works and that some forest fires are beneficial, and that she got to go with her great grandma.

If those things happen to any degree, I will feel that the money we spent was some of the best ever! If you haven't been to this remarkable place...

Go. Now.

Enough said.

1 comment:

trixie stix said...

I think the picture is priceless!