Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hurry Up and Wait!!!

The process of enrolling in K12 seemed simple enough: fill out the application, provide all the necessary paperwork like birth certificate, shot records, report card, etc., have a telephone conference and viola! Enrollment takes place. I'm sure in non-peak times, it is easy, but it is proving to be very slow and a little difficult right now.

I wish we had completed this process a long time ago! I understand that the volume for enrollment is way up right now and that my indecision has cost us valuable school time, but the negative effects of no school are catching up with us!!

Lula is bored. I have tried to do a bible lesson in addition to the Spelling and Grammar that a friend who has a 3rd grader in K12 gave us, but really, it has only taken us a maximum of 2 hours to complete all of that plus an art session everyday! She is beginning to miss her friends and second guess her choice to homeschool. I knew that this would happen to some degree, but hoped that the business of school would distract her long enough to help us get involved in some homeschool groups and make some friends.

We are going to try to have some playdates and soon my mom will be coming for a visit. My hope is that she will be fine until we receive our supplies, but at this point, I really don't know when that will be.

So, my advise for anyone considering K12- sign up early.

Today I am grateful for the blessings of my life. My husband, my children, my home and the comfort that all God has provided us.

Today I am praying for friends and aquaintances and their families who are dealing with cancer and other illnesses. I pray for their healing. I pray for strength and courage and that they will find God's peace. I am also praying that our enrollment in K12 will happen tomorrow and that we can have our supplies in hand by the end of the week.

May God bless and keep you.

No comments: